Professor Sam returns to talk about building a successful academy, why you don’t need to be a world champion to be a great teacher, teaching your students the way they learn and the prank war between himself and Ryan’s instructor Professor Paul Creighton. Click “read more” for show notes!
- Catching up / His academy’s success
- Building an academy
- Struggles of running an academy
- Do you need to be a world champion to run a successful academy?
- Pitfalls to avoid in academy ownership
- The value of mentors
- Dealing with difficult clients
- Becoming humble through Jiu-Jitsu
- Sam Joseph vs Paul Creighton (Ryan’s instructor) – The epic prank war
- Daredevil / Punisher / Lost / The Sopranos
- Teaching brand new students
- Understanding that everyone learns differently
- Holding competitors to a higher standard
- Finding the right training environment / Leaving a negative environment