Dante Leon joins the show to talk about his beginnings, strength and conditioning for BJJ, the Reverse De La Riva position and discipline vs motivation. He also recaps his match at Kasai Pro against Renato Canuto and talks about elite competition. Click “read more” for listening options and show notes!
Support the show and access the archive on Patreon! Click HERE
- Growing up in a small Canadian town
- Getting into martial arts
- His first Jiu-Jitsu class
- The evolution of his game
- Facing your weakness head on
- Taking competition seriously
- Cross training and switching teams
- Do you REALLY want to be an elite competitor?
- Discipline vs motivation
- Joining GF Team
- Do you need a diverse group of training partners to be successful?
- Strength and conditioning
- Recovery and diet
- The Pummel
- Kasai Pro recap
- Jiu-Jitsu for the mainstream
- Reverse De La Riva
- His BJJ Fanatics instructional (Coupon code GRAPPLINGCENTRAL15)
- His desire to own his own school someday
- Goals for 2019 & 2020